There are lots of article introducing:
But that are not what I need. I have:
- a viewsonic gtablet without 3G, running android 2.3.3
- an Omnia 2 with 3G data plan, running Windows Mobile 6 (WM6)
So, what I want to do is to share the data plan on the the Omnia2. A simple way to do it is to buy WMWifiRouter and install on the Omnia2, if you can accept the speed it drains battery.
Now, the only way for me is to share internet connection of the Omnia2 via USB port, i.e., connect a USB cable between the gtablet and Omnia2, and surf on the gtablet using 3G of Omnia2. Here are the steps:
- Open WM6′s Start->Settings->General Settings->USB Connection, check ‘ActiveSync’ radio button.
- Open WM6′s Start->Internet Sharing, select USB PC Connection, and Connect.
- Connect the Omnia2 via a USB cable to gtablet
- Open terminal emulator on Android, and ‘root’ (#su)
- #ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.47
- #route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev eth0
- #setprop net.dns1 192.168.0.1
Now, your gtablet is connected to the internet and you could surf anywhere via 3G network. You could follow another article to do reverse tethering to WM6 via bluetooth PAN.