Before read this article, I need to tell you that I have implemented a Web services to generate cateogry list for blogger. You can check out at BlogCat, which is easier to maintain than the method introduced in the following paragraphs.
This article give a tip to categorize ur posts. With tricks given, u only need to add several words in ur posts to put them into a certain category. And then, following a hyperlink, u can list all posts of a category.
Before you read this post, plz refer to another post, which bring a idea to categorize ur blogger archives. Its basic idea is to:
- generate a permanent link for each post on blogger, actually, this is the default action of most blogger template
- build some category pages that list those permanent links.
The shortcoming of this method is that u must maintain these category pages, oh, thank god, we need not to do it anymore.
- plz confirm whether u have generate a permanent link for each post, if no, plz follow this post to generate them.
- add a site search for ur blogger. I know google is the choice for most ppls, here, i recommend PICO, as i am using it. Why to use PICO? As it can index ur website when you need, and no need to wait several months for google reindexing. U donna know what’s PICO site search? plz visit its homepage. :-), or try the sample in my right panel. its codes are:
- add a form to ur blogger template:
plz replace the index INPUT value with ur own value. Mine is 223786. Your can find it in the FORM codes given by PICO. Here, i build two categories in my blogger — “Research” and “Life”. The pith is coming. plz set the value of the select input’s value to some words corresponding to categories. Corresponding to research category, I set the value to “xxxxx Category-Research”, where xxxxx is a word (or phrase) appearing in pemanent posts only. (I use xxxxx here is because if I use the real phrase i am using, this post will taint my category.) To life category, i set it to “xxxxx Category-Life”.
- add the word “Category-Research” to the post, anywhere u want. Then, it is categorized to “Research” category.
- reindex ur pico
When writing a new post, u only need to do step 4 and 5.
That’s all. Now u can choose a category using the combo list, and press the button. Try the pull-down menu below. Cheers.